|Reef Point Cottages, in Ucluelet, is seeking a Front Desk Agent/Housekeeping Attendant. We are looking for someone who can multi-task and who can consistently offer friendly, professional service.
We are looking to hire for October 1st, 2019, although start dates can be flexible.
Please note, we are looking for at least 1-year commitment.
This is a full-time position, two 8 – hour front desk days and three 8 – hour housekeeping days. We can guarantee 30 – 40 hours per week. We can offer $15 per hour during the probationary period.
Reef Point Cottages is located on Reef Point Peninsula, which is a cottage rental community. We currently manage 19 cottages, but we are expanding over the next year.
Summary of Responsibilities but are not limited to:
• Daily check-ins and check-outs
• Making telephone reservations and online bookings
• Preparing bills, processing payments, cashing-out and reconciling cash with total sales
• Listen, handle and respond to guest concerns in a professional and effective manner
• Providing general information about Ucluelet, Pacific Rim National Park, and the surrounding area
• Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean and ready to accommodate guests’ needs
• Clean up to 4 cottages a day
• Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms
• Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilets
• Replenish and replace towels and all room amenities
• Wash all floor areas
• Strips bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens
• Check lights to ensure all are in working order
• Report any maintenance issues, fix when possible
• Keep up with laundry duties
• Maintain hot tub levels and stay over duties
• Preform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
• All occupants need their full driver’s license
• Computer skills are required; Word, Outlook, E-mail and letter etiquette
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience and background in hospitality is preferred, but we will train the right candidate
• Willingness to learn, have a positive attitude and use critical thinking to solve problems
• Must be self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail
The candidate must be willing to sign and complete a one year contract and must be available to work evenings and weekends based on the business needs. Staff accommodation is available on a temporarily until you can secure your own accommodation. We are seeking a long-term employee who is looking to grow within the company and complete or extend their contract.