|POSITION: Maintenance Worker
Offering Summer retention bonus, free staff accommodations, meal program, extended benefits including medical, dental, short & long-term disability, discounts in the restaurants and friends and family hotel rates.
At Mountain Park Lodges, we are committed to providing for the safety and comfort of our guests. As part of our maintenance team, employees will be responsible for assisting Mountain Park Lodges maintain this high standard of quality. The position is dynamic and each day includes variety in regards to the duties performed. A day in this position can include anything from customer service, baggage handling, repairing equipment in guest rooms, to self-started projects throughout the hotel. The ideal candidate for this role must possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, hardworking and detail oriented.
• Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of the hotel properties while maintaining the highest standard of quality
• Daily duties to maintain the upkeep of all facilities including pools, restaurants, guest rooms and meeting rooms
• Frequent interaction with coworkers, management and guests
• Complete basic repairs to guest rooms and other areas of hotel, and assist supervisors and the Maintenance Manager with major repairs
• Complete yard work as required including snow removal, gardening, mowing lawns, etc.
• Painting and dry-walling when required on 4 in-town properties and Pyramid Lake Resort
• Encourage and participate in safe work practices
• Assist other departments as required, including guest services, security, etc.
• Report to the Maintenance Manager and complete all projects and tasks as assigned
• Grade 12 Diploma combined with education in a trade or equivalent experience is an asset
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Eager to learn and grow as a member of our dynamic team
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience or knowledge in related maintenance areas is an asset (basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, pool treatment, and painting) but on-site training can be provided.
• Basic knowledge of tools and their uses (tools provided)
• Ability to manage large workloads and demands, and effectively multitask
• Ability to work flexible shifts, day (7am-3pm) and night (3pm-11pm)
• Class 4 Alberta drivers license is an asset
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Say you saw it on Cool Jobs Canada.