Job title: Breakfast Server/Fine Dining Host – summer 2018 season
Reports to: Dining Room Supervisor
Moraine Lake Lodge:
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Moraine Lake Lodge offers unique opportunities for those who want to live, work, and explore in Canada’s Rocky Mountains. Spend your time off exploring some of the most amazing natural attractions and activities Canada has to offer, including hiking, biking, river rafting and more! Just 15 minutes away from the town of Lake Louise, Moraine Lake Lodge is located in Banff National Park and situated in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, at an elevation of approximately 6,183 feet (1,885 m). Moraine Lake’s glacially fed blue-green waters are visited each summer by thousands of travellers from over all over the world. Some guests will stay and enjoy the amenities in our beautiful Lodge, while others will visit for the day or just a few moments to get that iconic photograph. Our goal is to ensure that through our attitude and service, our guests have an exceptional, or as we say ‘WOW’, experience.
The Breakfast Server / Fine Dining Host is responsible for the reception of guests and delivery of food and beverage service in the Walter Wilcox Dining Room. This position’s main responsibilities are split between delivering breakfast service, and guest service within the dining room, library and patio. This position requires strong multi-tasking skills and its main responsibilities include but are not limited to; dining reservations as well as maintaining reservation books, greeting and seating guests, setting up floor plans and server sections, assisting servers when necessary, acting as a liaison with the kitchen and maintaining the library during tea time and interpretive shows.
• Fulltime, working up to 40 hrs. a week,
• Hourly wage with an end of contract bonus,
• Staff accommodation onsite, $15.00/day, includes all meals and laundry.
• July 20, 2018 – October 2, 2018 (TBC),
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada prior to offer of employment.
• Min. 1 yr. of previous host or serving experience,
• Knowledge of wines; bartending experience,
• ProServe certificate or equivalent,
• Previous hotel experience, an asset,
• Must be 100% guest service oriented, have excellent people skills with a positive and upbeat personality,
• Outdoor enthusiast, a passion for hiking and exploring the Rocky Mountains,
• Second language, an asset
• Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.)
How to Apply:
• Online : https://morainelake.com/careers/
or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org