|This position is an integral part of the resort F&B team. You will be responsible for the daily operations of the Resort Restaurants which include the T-Bar & Grill, Monticola Restaurant and the Picnic Cafe. Adaptive leadership ability, strong communication skills and acute attention to detail will be essential to your success in this position.
You have an attitude to complete tasks and projects while contributing to our resort goals. This is a diverse position that requires flexibility in your approach as the seasons change in our resort. The schedule for this position also fluctuates to meet the demands of our guests and needs of the management team. Your weekly routine focuses on continually improving and exceeding our guest’s needs and dining experience. While your primary focus will be on these outlets you may also be required to assist in other areas from time to time.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Leading and managing the floor while on shift, being visible to customers, owners and staff alike
• Ensuring that all service standards are kept high and met at all times
• Lead by example and develop a vibrant team that delivers industry best service and product quality at all times.
• Engage employees, encourage their ideas and act on them.Stimulate and develop positive morale and team spirit that will lead to high productivity
• Create and deliver Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that they are adhered to
• Work directly with our Resort Chef to ensure we are continually exceeding Health & Safety regulations as required by the Interior Health Board of British Columbia.
• Scheduling – Ensure schedules are written within the labour budget guidelines while maintaining adequate coverage in all areas.
• Develop and maintain a training schedule with the staff to ensure all are well versed in the business.
• Participate in staff training to increase business knowledge
• Work directly with our Risk Manager to ensure industry leading workplace safety standards are being consistently achieved.
• On-going review and programming of industry leading brand analysis, monitoring of vendor pricing, and utilizing vendor product sales.
• Regular pricing reviews on local, provincial, and national trends, paying particular attention to our local market.
• In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Director, set an annual planning calendar highlighting timelines for planning, training, and programming.
• Participate in required operational meetings as directed.
• Perform weekly 1 on 1 meeting’s with your key direct reports.
• Work closely with the F&B Director to achieve all revenue targets and Cost of Goods targets set out by our budget.
• Maintain regular front line shifts to work shoulder to shoulder with your team/s.
• As a leader you will effectively communicate with all management, employees, guests, and anyone PMR does business with. To be specific PMR defines effective communication as communication which is accurate, respectful, solves problems or issues, achieves goals, impresses guests, develops inspired employees, and overall enhances the PMR brand.
• Employee Deliverables
o Accountable for various Human Resource functions as defined by PMR. This includes assisting in recruiting, hiring, training, development, administration, terminating, discipline, and environment.
o Ensure an organizational structure is in place to maintain your duties in your absence.
o Engage employees, encourage them to come up with items and ideas to benefit the resort, and act on them. Share customer comments with all staff through effective two-way communication. Stimulate and develop positive morale and team spirit that will lead to high productivity
• In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Director, develop a long-term plan for capital expenditures.
• Ensure property, facilities and equipment remains in good repair and appearance.
• Make recommendations on replacement, additions or deletions of facilities and equipment when needed or economically justified.
• Maintain clean and orderly workplace. Develop and execute a plan for deep cleaning to promote clean work areas and preventative maintenance.
Special Skills & Experience Requirements:
• Serving It Right and Food Safe Level One certifications are required.
• Minimum (2) years outlet management experience in high volume operations.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer literacy especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with F&B POS systems is essential.
• Knowledge of wine, beer, and related spirits is essential.
• Ability to lead through company mission, vision and values.
• Strategic decision maker and have the ability to adjust to major changes in work tasks or work environment.
• Hands on training experience. Strong leadership skills, ability to develop and train all employees, delegate responsibility and take action appropriately.
• Must be willing to work evening shifts & more than 40 hours / week as needed.
• Able to be on feet throughout a ten-hour day.
You must say you saw this on Cool Jobs Canada.
Click Here To Apply Online