|The Resort Cook at Panorama Mountain Village holds the key to the financial success of a food service operation. The successful candidate must be able to work unattended in both a production atmosphere, and on some stations in the resort kitchens. This position requires basic prep cook, deep fry and salad preparation. Reporting directly to the Sous Chef, you must work well in a team environment and understand the need to maintaining a clean, organized work station.
· Monitor all food in preparation and storage daily, to avoid spoilage
· Follow recipe manual guide strictly to achieve consistency in portion and taste
· Prepare sufficient food quantities to meet business demands
· Ensure that each item leaving the kitchen has been accurately billed or requisitioned
· Explain the preparation of dishes/ specials to the service staff in a clear manner
· Achieve high standards of taste and presentation in each dish
· To treat each dish as if you were serving it to your family (take pride)
· To work with a sense of fun and animation in order to contribute to the guest experience
· Ability to work some hot stations of the kitchens of the resort
· To constantly push personal skills forward
· Dedication to the highest quality with every plate leaving the kitchen at any time
· Proficiently set the day’s station for service
· Ensure adherence to provincial health and safety standards
· 2yrs. Progressive experience in the Kitchen
· Culinary education an asset
· Experience in working some stations of a multiple outlet operation
· Basic knowledge of the operation of Catering/Conventions
· Great people skills, fun, energetic, out going
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Strong communication skills
Please apply online at www.panoramaresort.com/employment
You must say you saw this on Cool Jobs Canada.